Saturday, September 24, 2011

miss the thrill of the find...

in the beginning weeks of my 'apparel diet' i have felt this project as necessary, inducing positive feelings both economically + environmentally. after spending 4 hours reorganizing both walk ins, releaving a chaise chair from clothing pile up captivity, and giving home to various apparel items on free standing garment racks, it was for certain.. i have collected quite a wardrobe. the worst feeling is when you see something with its tags, or an item you totally forgot about. it felt good to finally have everything on 'display'.

this morning i woke up, folding a shopping bag mom used to drop off fashion mags (double torture..bag and mag??) and felt a sense of loss. so weird, bare with me.. apparel consumption to me is more than just need or want. i thoroughly enjoy 'finding' a special item, 'styling' myself for events or seasons. my average $100 weekly apparel habits had more to do with the love of expression apparel gives us. your style is the first thing people notice when you walk into a room. i love the thrill of scouring different retailers to find what pieces feel represent me: my interest and love of the 70s, classic shades, accessory obsession, etc.

i am missing the thrill this morning, but know for the sake of research this is necessary...day 24

No comments:

Post a Comment